Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Changed the header again!!



I haven't posted since Saturday...I know, I'm a slacker!! But things are well. Mom has been getting good rest & sleeping well. She's been eating often, yet still has a sore throat, which prevents her from eating some things that will make her gain weight. However, her poi & raw fish continue & will always continue to satisfy her.

We're getting ready to travel to Oakland this weekend to compete in Ia Oe E Ka La. This is our first time going & we're very excited to go! Mom is not going to ho'opa'a this year & isn't sure yet if she'll be playing Hinano (the bass) either. I know that she wants to be up there on the stage with us. I also know that I'd rather her take it easy then over-do herself. Over-doing it doesn't help her at all & causes more fatigue than anything.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how much i've learned throughout all of this. This meaning, things about my Mom, this disease, the treatments, the doctors, the procedures, the human body, etc. It's amazing. Most of all, i've learned that you should never take those you love for granted & should always remind them that you love them....even if you think they already know.

Love you all.

0 comments: