Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6, 2010

Hi Mommy,

Happy Labor Day!!  Anything exciting today?  Not much at all here.  Typically every year we're just coming home from our trip to E Hula Mau.  Not this year....we didn't participate & it was also a week earlier this year.  As you already know, today is halau's birthday.  Today we all spent the day at the halau, having a potluck, hanging out with one another & enjoying the day.  It was so nice to relax & just be...


So things are finally feeling a bit normal.  Marcel has been working days, I wake up early to get Nunu off to school & while I'm getting this ready for her, Ry wakes up.  We get Nunu to school & the day is ours to do as we need to.

I've recently immersed myself in taking zumba at the gym.  I love it so much.  I'd much rather dance for the hour than work out on weights & the elliptical.  My instructor is so much fun & makes the class go by so quickly.  I've even taken some of my hula brothers & sisters to class to check it out too.

On top of doing zumba 3-4 days a week, I also have practice 3 times a week.  Wednesday night is my solo practice night, then our wahine line has practices on Thursday's & Friday's now.  So needless to say, i'm staying active & I enjoy it.  I actually feel like i'm doing something for myself & I feel no guilt about it.  I love it.

So lately, i've had you on my mind a lot.  I dream of you often.  In one of my dreams, I remember touching your face & you were still talking to me, telling me that you didn't feel any pain.  But as I touched your face, you got colder & colder.  Just as cold as you were the last time I touched your face in the hospital room the morning that you passed.  I sometimes think that you channel things through Ry.  I'm not sure exactly why, but I just do.  It fascinates me that every single time Hinano (the bass) comes out, she runs over to it & starts to pluck at the strings.  It happens every. single. time.  It's so strange.

Anyway, I know that you were missed today while hanging out at halau.  And not just today....everyday.  Things are just not the same & doesn't run as smoothly as they did when you were here, but i'm trying my best.  I love you so much & miss you more than you could ever imagine....

0 comments: