Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hi Mom!!

Happy New Year!! How's everything? Anything exciting today? There is NOTHING exciting here today...there's talk of snow later, so that means i'll be staying my butt at home in the warm. I attempting to make chicken long rice for the 2nd time. The first time, I had the wrong noodles. Hopefully it turns out good.

Over the weekend, Gram came up. She arrived Saturday evening, performed with Makana at the Triple Door in Seattle. It was the first time we'd been to that place & it was PACKED. 12 of us went & met up with a few more from halau. I think it was the first time that I'd seen Gram dance so nicely. But of course, on her 2nd time up, she danced Ahulili & she made the crowd roar with
laughter. The old man sitting in the front row LOVED her!! She mouthed the words "i love you" to him & he yelled back "I LOVE YOU TOO!" She was a hit & they gave her a hana hou where she came out & did My Tutu E. I haven't seen her do that song since Tutu's 90th birthday party WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when. After the concert we took her with us & we all went to Ocean City. After we ate everything in the restaurant we took her back to her hotel & she left Seattle yesterday.


**Gram & I at Ocean City 1/9/11**

As for everything & everyone else....we are all doing fine. Halau is great & we were asked to participate in the Kamehameha Days Hula Competition. I'm not sure on the details yet, but when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

The kids are getting big. Nunu loves school & is getting excited for middle school. Ry is naughty & independent. Marcel has been working a lot lately & so has Dad.

Well I hope that you miss me as much as I miss you & think about me as often as I think about you...everyday. I love you.


**Nunu, Ry & I - Happy New Year 2011**

0 comments: