Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9, 2011

Dear Mama,

How are you today?  It's raining like crazy, but what else is new??  Maybe you could ask God nicely to send some sun & warmth.  lol

Today is such a blah day.  Ry is not feeling well, but is taking a nap right now.  Nunu is in school & will be going out of town with my inlaws this weekend.  Marcel is doing well, but work has been slow, so needless to say, we've been hanging out a little more often than usual.  Which can be a good thing & a bad thing.  So far, it's fine. LOL

For a few weeks I've been pondering a surprise for Gram, Auntie Day, Candice & Auntie Haruko.  And today, I submitted this email....

*********

Why Is My Mom So Special??




My Mom, Sweetie Camacho, is so very special, not only to me & my family...but also to those whose lives she touched in her 51 years of life.  She could enter a room & she knew at least one person anywhere that she went.  Everyone loved her because she carried herself with such grace & love.  Her smile & understanding ways made everyone around her feel so accepted & loved when they felt the world wasn't on their side.  I can only hope to be half as wonderful as she was.  

My mom lost her battle with cancer on November 14, 2009 & just because she is not here with me physically anymore...I know that she looks down on me everyday & wishes that she could be here with me too.  

Living on the mainland, I am far away from my Mom's family...her Mom, her sisters & brother & all of my cousins.  However when I do get to spend time with my Grandma, it's as if I have my Mom again, just in a different form & I will never take that time for granted.  

Sending my Gram, my Auntie, my Auntie's mother inlaw & my cousin them to your show is just a small gift from myself to them....allowing them to spend time with one another.  Enjoying the time, food, laughter, entertainment with their Mom's....before it's too late.

Mahalo Plenty....

***********

They didn't know, but after reading this blog they will...I'm sending them to Mento Mele's Mothers Day bash. If I was back home, I'd want to go & I know you'd want to go too.  So we'll be there in spirit & send them on a fun day out!! :)

I love you & miss you so much today...and everyday.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Tanya,

You probably don't remember me but I was a very close friend of your mom and dad. I was just thinking of your mom the other day and thought I should try to find out where she and your dad went. I so sorry to hear about her passing :(
Your dad was in my wedding in 1988....

Brian Boyd