Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 14, 2010


Dear Mom,

I can't believe that you've been gone a year. It's just crazy that a year has passed already. I enjoyed spending the weekend with everyone celebrating your life.

We did a little crying last night as we started off the evening by watching the video that Kimo made for your service. I wanted to burst in to tears as soon as it started. I forgot that the first song was of you singing No Keaha No Oe. There were several of those moments during that
video, again when Keanu O Waimea came on. I also laughed at some of the photos because it took me back to those particular moments...like when you all were playing PIG after the Easter Egg Hunt & you & Alaka'i were fighting for the penny. Then we moved on to the video that Melissa Ponder took of your interview about living with cancer. I wanted to watch it because we hadn't seen those "Sweetie" moments in so long. The way you'd talk about certain things, the way you'd roll your eyes, how you'd almost start to cry about certain topics...i think everyone enjoyed that video. We ate a ton for you also & there was NO leftovers!!

Today we celebrated by, of course, eating...playing "Minute To Win It" games & releasing a few green balloons. We were unable to get everyone a balloon like I'd wanted, but we did release 12....well 11. Alaka'i & Kapua went into the office to write something on the balloons with a Sharpie & I guess while Alaka'i was writing on his, his balloon popped....LOL. Everyone laughed when they found out, because if anyone...it would be his that popped. Too funny. I hope that you caught all of our balloons, including Ry's who we seriously had to PRY from her fingers & went up last after everyone's was gone. I waited until I couldn't see hers anymore & then we went in.

I know that you continuously watch over all of us. I hope that you are so happy & are throwing your own celebration with games & food with all of our friends & family up there. May you have a beautiful night celebrating eternal life....i love you more than anything.






0 comments: