Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dear Mama,

Well today is the day!!  Everyone is still asleep & I am up, packed & ready to go.  We are leaving for Oakland today for Ia Oe E Ka La.  I'm so excited for this trip, but also so sad at the same time.  I'm excited to get out of town & away from "responsibilities" for 5 days, represent halau in the best way possible & perform.  In the background, I am sad, because this is the last trip that we took together last year.  Tons of emotions ran through all of us during that trip & while we danced for you last year...this year is in memory of you.

I hope that on Friday during my solo, that you grab a front row spot & watch over me proudly.  I hope that you love my songs.  I hope that you love what we did with one of your old mu'u.  I know that you will be with me this weekend & I just hope that you enjoy the show...from all of us, because we will be missing you so much during this trip.

I love you...

PS - Gram arrived last night.  She said "hi sistaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" lol

0 comments: