Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dear Mama,

Did you see us at Relay?  Do you see how BURNT i am?  I don't think i've been this burnt EVER.  I'm sore today, my shoulders & my back.  I had a great time this year, the only thing missing was you...

During the Survivor lap, I couldn't help but cry when I saw all of the kids/babies in the purple shirts holding the sign.  It's just not fair for someone that small to go through something like cancer.  And I continued to cry until well after the Survivors walked by.  I almost felt like I was waiting for you to come around the track.  I waited for awhile & just cried.  I walked my hour from 8-9pm & we hung out with everyone until about 11pm, then headed home.  Ry & I were back at the track around 8:15am.  I bought my string so that I could track my laps & in total, i walked 7 1/2 miles.  It was such a beautiful day yesterday which made it that much easier to walk.  Our whole tent went & walked the final lap & Kapua, Nea, Ry & I were the last in the large group.  It was emotional when we walked through the finish line. I looked up & said "yay....we finished mama!!"

Around 4:15, we were asked by a lady to do a small interview on why we relay on the local tv station.  Tish, Kapua & I walked over & were so nervous, because we just didn't want to cry.  We discussed what we could say, but when we got there, they told us to say "We Relay because...." & that we had to walk & say it all together.  So it's not like we had a 1/2 hour to say why we do.  It was just a small segment combined with other teams.  We decided to say "We Relay for a Cure" & we had to do it over & over while we walked together.  I hope to see it someday.

We had a great time & i'm so glad that we did it this year.  We even won best decorated tent!!  I think next year, we may look in to a different location because our tent got in trouble AGAIN during the evening hours for being too loud.  GO FIGURE! LOL  They actually got in trouble THREE times.  Oh well...who sleeps at Relay anyway??





0 comments: