Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dear Mama,

How are you today? Anything exciting? Today, we're going to be driving out to Everett to meet up with the car club friends. I'm so excited to see them all. I believe it's the first time that they'll be meeting Ry. Poor thing is over a year & is only meeting these friends for the first time. She needs to get out more. :)

The past few days i've been reflecting a lot on what's happened in the past. The other day, I went digging on my blog to see what date last year was the Green River show. And found that on the day that I looked, May 12th...was the day that Marcel got into that accident at work, which put him out for 8 weeks. Ugh. I remember that. Turns out that on today's date last year, was the Green River performance. And immediately, I am taken back to you dancing "Waikiki."

I remember taking pictures from upstairs & tearing up as I watched you dance. I also remember being upset that you were even going to dance. Your breathing was not top notch & you would get winded even when walking up a set of stairs, so the thought of you dancing a full song made me nervous. But as always...you didn't let it stop you & you got up there & graced the stage as if nothing in the world mattered but that moment.

I'm working on that. On living in the moment.

Lately, I've been wanting to sit, gather my thoughts & write down the last day post that I've been meaning to finish up. I sometimes write & then stop & write again. I just want it to be accurate. And I want to write EVERYTHING about that day. It may not be relevent, but I remember the day SO well.

Anyway, I just wanted to write & let you know that I love you. And have been thinking of you alot lately. I miss you, your presence, your calls...even the silent moments when you would just sit & observe what was going on. I was watching you...taking it all in.

I love you.

0 comments: