Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dear Mama,

How you doing today? Anything exciting? Not much going on over here, just relaxing & recovering from our long day on Friday. (yes, it was 2 days ago & i'm still recovering! :))

On Friday was the 6th Annual Sounds of Hawaii concert at Green River. This year featured Augie T, Teresa Bright & Sean Na'auao. We had to be at the school at 2pm, we got our areas ready, had potluck & at 5pm, we began getting ready. Here we are all ready to go on stage....


I think we had a great show. We did all kahiko for our segment & of course had changes for each song. The changes were SO FAST. There was a point where Alaka'i was on stage & Uncle kahea'd "HA'INA" & he heard me say "OH S*#T!" from behind the curtain. OOPS! :) Earlier in the week, Uncle taught us to sign "Go My Son" while he sang. We ended our show with that. I got emotional during that part...just thinking about you not being there as you always are. After we were done with our segment, we danced Nani Kaua'i with Teresa Bright & Puamohala danced He Aloha No O Honolulu. During Sean Na'auao's part of the concert, he ended up singing Ka Pilina & Okekai got up to dance....



We ended the evening with dinner & dessert at Shari's & got home around 3am. It was a long day & night, but so much fun as always!!

Yesterday was such a lazy day & today is the same. However this evening we're going to Kapua's house for dinner. They've been gone all week in Disneyland!! Look how cute...


Anyway...i miss you....everything about you. I hope that you are thinking of me & missing me too. I always like to go back & look on this day last year....

So on this day, May 23, 2009, I was in Chicago & in the morning, you sent this picture to my cell phone...


i love you....

0 comments: