Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dear Mama,

We're baaaaaaaaaaack!! From Vegas that is. We had a good time, but Ry was sick or crybaby pretty much the entire time we were there. It was exhausting. I so badly wanted to just be with everybody, but it seemed like Ry was only content when we were walking around or when she could crawl around, which I only let her do in the hotel room. She wasn't feeling well either, just coughing a lot & ended up with a fever on Friday night. Looking back, I wished that I had bought my sister inlaw a ticket to come with us so that she could watch Ry for a few hours here & there, while I went to spend time with the family....even if it meant sitting at a machine for a few hours. I did manage to play here & there when Ry went down for a nap. I didn't win at all when I did play & lost a total of $160.00. Not bad really. But I came home with a new Coach purse & matching wristlet. That was fun!

When we arrived in Vegas, I planned on having a limo take us to the hotel as a surprise for Nunu. She LOVED it & was so shocked. When we finally got to the hotel, I saw Auntie Day & hugged her & started to cry.....she looks so much like you. After we checked in, I went to see Candice & cried with her too. I just miss everybody & wanted to see them so bad. That night we all met for dinner at the buffet.



On the 2nd day, we met for breakfast, went shopping at the outlet & then had the reunion dinner. Only 40-something of the family could make this trip, but it was still a fun time. We won a blanket in the silent auction & the food was ono. Right after dinner, a few people were presented with gifts & Gram was given a quilt that had everyone's last name on each square & the top square was of Tutu's house in Punalu'u. It was SOOOOO nice. When Gram opened it up, the dj played "The Prayer".....i cried. How fitting to have a song that reminds me of you....even if no one else knows. Later, after the silent auction was done, the dj played a few familiar songs that got me teary eyed too....which is funny, because it was "The Electric Slide" & "Cupid Shuffle." Typically songs that don't make people cry. But everyone knows that "The Electric Slide" was always your song & then I started to laugh about "The Cupid Shuffle" from Susan's wedding in Silverdale, when you & Uncle laughed about the foot work to that dance....

"kaholoholo....kaholoholo.....hela-hela-hela-hela......ami-ami-ami-ami" & then laughing up a storm about it.




That night, Dad & I took the kids to go look at the lights on Fremont. After the small show on the roof was done, it seemed to get more crowded with more drunkee's & I wasn't feeling to comfortable, so we went back to the hotel.


On Saturday, we all went to breakfast at the Golden Gate & then Auntie Day, Candice, Owen took Nunu & Kellan to New York, New York, M&M World, Coca-Cola & Gameworks & then to Claim Jumpers. I stayed back with Ry because she had a fever the night before & I wasn't sure how she'd hold up. We lazied around the hotel room ALL day. We only came out to eat some food, get something to drink & then went back to take a nap again.

On Sunday, was Mothers Day. We met at Aloha Specialties for breakfast & had planned to go to the M for early buffet dinner. When we got there, it was a 3 hour wait!! So we left, went back to Mainstreet & ate at their buffet. It was good!

Then on Monday, we came home.

Overall it was a good trip, but I wish that I had more time to spend with everyone. That & I wish that Ry wasn't sick, could walk (so that she could be let down & walk around) & that Nunu listened more. I know that I was hard on her, but maybe I just expect too much from her.


Anyway, I'll leave you with this picture of us on Mothers Day....i love you & miss you!

Happy Mothers Day!

0 comments: