Friday, October 9, 2009

Thursday, October 8, 2009

**Thursdays are long days, so i apologize for posting this a day late & for keeping you all waiting!! :)**

Yesterday was another great day!! We decided to go to one of our favorite restaurants in Kent, called Saya for lunch. It was Mom, Dad, Me, Ry, Auntie Sue, Uncle Pete, Auntie Charlene, Uncle Glenn, Auntie Momi & Marcel. Lunch was SO good as usual, filled with laughter & sharing stories.

After we were finished with lunch, we went to Uwajimaya because the other day when we went, they had no poi. Mom's favorite thing to eat & munch on all day long is poke & poi. That's one of her sure win staples...everyday. So she had run out the other day & was down to her last bowl & needed to replenish her supply & we found some.

As soon as we got her poi, we headed to her radiation appointment & it seemed like I caught every red light on the way there, which landed us at St. Joe's exactly at 2:30. We're typically about 20min early for her appointment, so I think that arriving on time for once was ok.

We all parted ways for a few hours & then we met up at halau for practice at 6:30. Typically after Thursday night practice, we go out to dinner & last night we went to IHOP so that Mom could have some french toast!

Today, we all decided to make no plans for the morning & to just sleep in. I'll be heading over shortly to take her to her appointment. I've already called her once though to see how she slept & how she was feeling & she was good & being "lazy lani." Tonight she's going to the Cecilio & Kapono concert with Dad, Auntie Charlene & Uncle. I'm going to send my small camera with her & hope that they remember to at least take ONE picture for the blog...perhaps even a picture with C&K. Dad asked if I wanted to go too, but I think she needs time without me "hovering" & spend time with just her good friends!!

Happy Aloha Friday!!


**At Saya trying to figure out what to have for lunch

**Mom, Auntie Sue & Auntie Charlene

1 comments:

NANI-CHAN said...

I THINK MY FAVORITE REST. IN WASH. STIR-FRY PORK WITH OYSTER SAUCE. I KNOW RANDY TOOK OUT LAST TIME, DID YOU TRY IT SWEETIE? ONOLICIOUS. LUVS NANI