Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm starting to think that if Mom is not using her glasses like she SHOULD BE, then i should make the font a little bigger..

Today was a great day again!!  Ry & I went by Mom & Dad's around 10:45 to pick them up & we were off to have sushi with Auntie Ami, Grandma Bea & Chandra at Sushi Revolution.  I'm not a sushi eater, but Mom ate a bunch of things off of the conveyor belt & Dad ate whatever we didn't want to finish. HA!  After we were done with lunch, we walked around Target & then headed for her radiation appointment where we met up with "the team."  I'm going to refer all of us who attend her treatments as "the team" from now on, because it's easier than writing out everyone's names!  "The Team" consists of me, Ry, Dad, Auntie Sue, Uncle Pete, Auntie Momi & Uncle Glenn.  So from here on out, you'll all know who I'm talking about when I say "the team."

While Mom was in the back for her radiation appointment, Uncle Pete went in the back to use the restroom & when he returned out to the waiting area, he looked at me & said "Mom's done with her radiation & is sitting back here in an office & wants you to come sit with her."  I was caught a little off guard & worried that something was wrong.  So I walked back there to find her waiting in a room & she was waiting for the dr to come in to check her vitals & ask how she was doing.  She has lost weight since last Monday (which is the day before the radiation started), but I will not disclose any numbers...it's not nice to do that!  :)  Her blood pressure was great!  And then he asked her how she was feeling...she said that she hasn't had a headache in a week & therefore hasn't taken any Tylenol since then either when she was taking about 8 a day.  She still has some dizzy spells when she gets up too fast, but none otherwise.  And then she is no longer coughing up any blood.

So if you ask me, something is going "right" at this point & I couldn't be happier.

He checked her breathing & her lungs & said that she sounded all clear & that was it!  I dropped her off at home to rest & met up with her later on at halau for practice.

All is well & today was another great day!!  I'm SO happy to see that this blog is getting out there & that so many folks are following in our journey!! I know that my Mom is loved...

**Sushi Revolution - Waiting for something ono to go by...
 

**Mom starting to dig in


**Pau eat & catching up with Auntie Ami & Grandma Bea

7 comments:

robert said...

What you call one filipino who walks his dog? A vegetarian
- What you call one filipino who walks 5 dogs? A rancher
- What do you call a couple of filipino pilots? A pair of pliers
- If I'm a book-book, what you call my kids? Booklets
- If one book-book marry one black person, what are the kids? Color Book
- What do you call a filipino origami maker? Manila folder

Robert said...

HI AUNTY I JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU A LIL LAUGH FOR THE DAY!LOVE YOU

-A lone Filipino boy dressed in a pirate's costume rings a doorbell on Halloween. The lady opens the door and admires the keiki's outfit and says, "WOW what a wonderful costume, but where are your buckaneers?

The puzzled Filipino boy looks at the lady and says, "On my Buckin' head!"

kapua said...

hey i wanna be part of "the team"!! can i be the "invisible" one cuz i really am there with you all, just not physically and i would if i could too!

tiwalani said...

you are part of the team best friend!! i know that you would be with us too everyday if you could be!!

Candice said...

thank you for the wonderful updates! And I too wish I could be there everyday and eat sushi too...yummy!

Love all of you very much!

leona said...

The way I look at it, there is the TEAM but there is a huge cheering section too--all over the www!!! This blog is a great idea!!

robert said...

first and formost, would like to thank our heavenly father who has blessed me with aunty sweetie and this new day!amen

Hi aunty! hope your day is as beautiful as you are! here is my joke the day,lol

“Are You Portuguese?” -

One day a Portuguese man walked into a store. He walked up to the counter and said to the attendant “May I please have a spicy Portuguese sausage?”

The attendant replied “Oh, are you Portuguese?”

“You know, I kind of resent that”, said the man. “If I had said I wanted an Italian sausage would you have asked me if I was Italian?”

“No, sir”, said the store attendant.

“Well then how come you asked if I was Portagee?”, shouted the man.

“Because this is one hardware store”, said the attendant.