Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Aloha everybody!!

I've had the idea about starting this blog for a few days & got Mom's permission yesterday to go ahead & start it, so here we are. I'm doing a few things to liven up the look, but it'll take me a few tries to get it right, so hang in there. I hope to change out the photo in the header at least once every few days. I tried to make a collage, but there are so many photos that I wanted to use & felt that I could just rotate them through every once in awhile.

Meanwhile, feel free to pass on this link to those that are wondering how Mom is doing. I will try my best to update daily on how she's feeling & am hoping that once in awhile she'll jump on & write from her point of view. On the right column there is a box that allows you to leave comments, prayers, love, etc if you'd like. Please leave your name & email address if you can, so that if she'd like to get a hold of you, she can do so! She will be reading this as well, so please write directly to her!!

Today, she completed her 6th day of radiation to her head area & her 4th day to her neck area. She will be having 15 radiation treatments to each area & then we will be going to see her oncologist again & getting more scans done. She hasn't taken a Tylenol in a week now & hasn't had a headache either, which to me sounds like the radiation treatments & steroid medication is working. Today is the first day that she complained of a sore throat as a result of the radiation to her neck & is drinking tea to help soothe it.

For today, she made plans to take Rylie to get her ears pierced. Kapua offered to take her to get it done, because I was too chicken to do it. So today we (Mom, Dad, Ry & I) met with Uncle Glenn, Auntie Momi, Auntie Sue, Kapua & Nanea at the Tacoma Mall. We had lunch in the food court, then headed to Claire's. Mom, Dad & Kapua stayed with Rylie the whole time while she got her ears done & I was told that she only let out 3 big cries & then she was fine. After Ry's ear piercing, Mom went to the donut shop to buy her techs (that do the radiation treatments) some donuts.

Mom's radiation appointment was at 2:30, but we arrived a little bit early & we were home by 3:10pm.

She had a good day today & continues to have a great spirit.

(<--sorry so blurry)


**Hoping this would distract Ry from knowing what was coming!

**If Ry get's a pretty headband, then Nanea should too!!

**Auntie Kapua holding on to Ry just before poking holes in her ears!

**Happy Ry with her new earrings!!

Tomorrow's agenda: Sushi lunch date!!

1 comments:

leona said...

I remember when Lani got her ears pierced--it was major trauma for her, you, and expecially for Uncle Hui!!