Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dear Mom,

Anything exciting today?  Nothing for me other than I am SICK!  I have bronchitis & I think that maybe my bff gave it to me. LOL  But that's ok, I still love her.  I woke up on Friday morning with a sore throat & I was down all weekend long.  I got in to the dr yesterday & left with a prescription for antibiotics.  So far the kids are ok though.  I'm trying my best to wash my hands, not cough near them, etc.  I've been coughing so hard since Friday night that my chest & stomach is sore, so i hunch over to relieve the pain.  It reminds me of you, when you used to do that.  I also have that sudden cough and gasp for a deep breath to get it out just like you too.  This is no fun.

I think of you everyday & wonder what you're doing.  Wondering if you're still watching your Y&R at 11am, wondering who you're having lunch with today, wondering if you're with Grandpa Sam all the time, wondering if you miss me.

In the past 2 weeks, I've gotten phone calls.  The first was from Okekai about a week & half ago.  She said that Steven had a dream about you, you had your hair up & was wearing your halau shirt & you told him that
"everything was going to be ok,"  he asked you what was going to be ok & again you told him "everything is going to be ok."  She said that when he woke up, he received a phone call that his Grandma had passed away.  She had been sick for some time & was on hospice.  And then this past Friday night, Uncle Pete had called & while he was walking in to his living room, he told Auntie Sue that it smelled like halau over there.  So she told him that she had just put a few photos of you on their table by the door & that maybe you were there visiting.  I'm glad that you're making your rounds...everyone misses you.

Well i'm going to go have some coffee & hope that it stops the coughing for a little bit & gives me a little energy to get some stuff done around the house.

I love you so much...

1 comments:

kapua said...

hi aunty!! woooow...how guilty do i feel right now?? yes i probably did give tani bronchitis..i'm not sure if its contagious though but its ok..i'll take the blame for this one..lol! i too miss you very much and think of you everyday. aloha and i went to listen to amy hanaiali'i the other night and i thought of you. you would've loved seeing her perform. remembering the performance with her at EMP...that was an experience. all these memories i have of you, with you, i carry in my heart forever. i love you and miss you!
kapua