Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday, December 14, 2009

Dear Mama,

I miss you.

I've been working on getting the slideshow together for the halau Christmas party this Saturday & it will be hard to finally put it all together with the music & everything. There are so many pictures of you, as there always is. I'm debating on whether to put the piece of you dancing with Na Leo in it. It might spark tears early on in the video if I put it in the May segment...maybe I'll just leave it for the ending. We'll see.

I've been trying to pick up where you left off as far everything goes but am having a hard time trying to figure out where to start. I want to wave my hands over everything & have it all be done. Too bad it's not that simple.

I still have the cut up t-shirt & sweatshirt here on the table from when the EMT's cut it off of you. I pick it up & smell it often...it smells like you. I have 2 framed photos that Auntie Jan made that sit here on the table, next to the box of cards that we received from your service in Seattle. I know that I have to move forward...holomua...but am just having a hard time letting you go.

I love you...

0 comments: