Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hi Mom!!

Anything exciting today?  What're you making for your potluck for your New Years party? We'll be at Kapua's house tonight hanging out & eating.  I am attempting to make your mac salad, Candice's banana cream delight & then some chocolate covered strawberries & cake.  Marcel's making sinigung.  I know that Kapua's going to attempt your mac salad today too & is even making your favorite, spaghetti.  It'll be just like you were there.  I'm sure her mac salad will be better than mine, because everything she makes is so good.  It's not fair. HA!

Well i'm looking forward to ending this year & starting fresh tomorrow.  Although this year was filled with many positive & exciting things, all of those things are overshadowed by you no longer being here anymore.  I would've loved to have you just a little bit longer...but really, how long is that?  How could I put a time limit on how much was "good enough" for me?  Sometimes  I think "if she could've just come to Hawaii with us, I would've been happy."  But then comes the next one..."if she could've made it to Christmas, I would've been happy."  And then the worst for me is..."if she could've made it to see RyRy's first birthday, I would've been happy."  It kills me that she will never know you personally, your hugs, your smile, your kisses & your love.  All that she will hear are stories of just how wonderful you were...and I will take that.  I will ask Nunu to share all the wonderful things about you as their Grandma & how much you loved them.  I will make sure to save the photos of you & the kids, so that they will forever have them & I will cherish those for the rest of my life.

As I bring in the New Year tonight, i'll wish you a Happy New Year....listen for me!! 

I love you...


**New Years 2007 to 2008...


1 comments:

cheryl mckalvia said...

Tanya you and Mom look so, cute. Mom always knew how to be happy. Thank you for the picture it cheered me up and broke me down again. Love her. Good job.