Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Morning Mom,


Yesterday the halau Christmas party went well! We played games, we ate, we laughed, we ate, we played the white elephant game, we ate, then watched the slideshow...and ate again.

Dad brought your urn to the halau wrapped up in the velvet blue bag with the maroon vinyl bag over that. We laughed about how we should put it on the white elephant table & let someone pick you. We decided that you'd laugh about it too, so we did just that. Nalani picked the bag, because the bag was so pretty. She opened it up & said " is this an urn?" while we all laughed at her. We told her that we thought it would be funny & then let her pick another gift. It was hilarious.

Kili directed a few games which included the humming game. Each table was a team, so you had to send a "hummer" up to Kili for the song to hum, then go back to your table & have them guess it first. Of course, the cheating table...which included Auntie Sue, Auntie Charlene & Uncle won, but when it was my turn, my table came up close to the front of the room & Kapua mouthed to me "cover her mouth." So when Auntie Charlene & I got our song to hum, we turned towards our teams & when Kili yelled go, I put my right hand over Auntie's mouth, held her close with my left hand & started humming. Our corner was yelling & rolling from laughing. It was SO funny. And you know Auntie...she yelled at me & told me that she'd get me back.

It was a great day & it was so obvious that everyone misses you. There was a lot of tears during the slideshow & I cried again watching the part with you...even though i've seen it four times already.

Last night I had a dream. It seemed so real. And this morning I woke up kind of excited because I thought it was real. I was at home & my phone rang with your ring tone, Iz's - Somewhere Over The Rainbow & your name showed up. I answered it & asked what you were doing today. You were out Christmas shopping with Auntie Charlene. I asked who you guys were buying for & where else you were going & told you to call me when & if you go to dinner...

I miss you. I love you. And I still cry everyday because I still can't believe that you're not here anymore...

0 comments: